Friday, September 13, 2013

The effect of avarice

Well, here it goes. I'm jumping in the flume. The days of stagnation are over. The people that I have met in the last 2 weeks have influenced me. It started August 7 with an innocent meeting with a financial planner, Rob Gascho. I had about $5K that I wanted to invest. I invested my first money in May (4 shares of Tesla @ $85) and was bitten by the bug of return rates. Through that meeting, and when I showed him my financial goals, he set me up with a recruiter, Francisco. It was basic, and a day later, he called me back and set up a meeting with Managing partner Tony Montalvo on August 16. Between August 7 and 16, Northwestern Mutual gave me 3 interviews. I leaned toward them until I met Tony. Organized, positive, and high-strung, I had never met anyone so fervent or precise. His words were calculated and even though he made mistakes, he was completely candid and honest. His experience absolutely glowed. Ben Miller was his partner, who met me after an hour and half with Tony. Ben was also calculating but in a very smart, relaxed way. They both had multiple children, happily married, worth millions. Where I'm from, noone is worth millions, so this was a first. I met responsible, organized, successful adults for the first time in my life that came to me for my abilities. Talk about validation. I signed the contract August 26, 2013. At that time, I knew that I wanted to reach their position, no matter what. That is the task, but how?

I talked to Gary Bleakley (NW Mutual) and he told me my contacts were horrible and said I would never get them to invest money responsibly into their products and I realized that there are thousands of people that want to invest, but they are indeed everyone I don't know. I have to cut the fat out of my life. No more meaningless parties that simply pass time. My new friends will have higher mental abilities, want to do business and teach me, travel, and own clever, useful investments. 9/7/13 came around and I volunteered through Michelangelo Venturella and Cruise 4 Kids. 200+ people with net worths creeping into the billions. I had done all of this myself, and they were all so happy and intelligent; I realized money isn't as bad as my parents taught me! If you are responsible and intelligent, money can make you rich in education and time. I have a lunch scheduled with Leo Hamel Friday, 9/20 and he saw the smile on my face at C4K, we talked about Dale Carnegie. I never thought these people were so smart. He saw something in me, he is worth billions. He owns a business, guns, more than 500, a 115 acre shooting range, and has 3 kids (4,6, and 8). Those are responsibilities, that is time management. Katy thinks I'm crazy for putting emphasis on money, but I am so intrigued that I am meeting these people, it's like studying aliens and finally being asked to visit their planet. And the most enriching part is that I can help them grow their wealth and learn from them and their lives in the process. I will learn what makes them great, what their values are, and what their dreams are. I want to build something like them, I want to develop my passions. The only way I can is to stop worrying about money and start going after it! This is an exciting new chapter of my life and in a year, my friends will all be the focused, driven people that I have craved to be around and that have escaped my grasp due to my lack of self-confidence.

I grew up stealing.. Getting government handouts all of my childhood, sneaking around rules and constantly being let down by not having money. I never had the confidence to talk to people who had money because we had this entitlement to things that didn't belong to us. Also my passions were left out because of this block that I don't deserve having money. We were scum. I despise my mother for taking and taking, but I love her for giving me the motivation and this absurd vision that I need money to overcome a struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment